Jeremy & Rachael - Destination Wedding - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Updated: Jul 1, 2020
What better way to celebrate your love for your partner than to get married on a beach in the Dominican Republic surrounded by your close friends and family? Jeremy and Rachael definitely had the right idea. These two met at a bar in Milwaukee, WI while Rachael was working. Years later, Jeremy ended up proposing on Rachael's graduation day. And on February 20th, 2020- these two said "I do".
Let's start from the beginning of the day. Ahhh, the detail shots/flat lays. Detail shots are when we as photographers can really be creative with the items that you chose to represent your wedding day. We take personal items along with your invitations that you and your Fiance carefully handpicked and bring them to light in a new way. When I got a text message a few months back from Rachael asking what she can do to have theee best detail shots, I did a happy dance. This girl bought specific items that I suggested which were PERFECT for her wedding day. Shoutout to Etsy for really bringing these pieces together so well. It’s the small details that Rachael and Jeremy paid attention to that made their wedding (and these photos) so beautiful.
One year prior to his wedding day, Jeremy actually brewed and bottled his own beer for his groomsmen to open on the day of his wedding. We were able to grab such unique shots because Jeremy has the COOLEST hobby! We are happy when our couples can incorporate things like this because it truly makes it feel like such a personal day for them. Jeremy even expressed to us beforehand that this would be happening, we love when our brides and grooms communicate with us so we are able to capture exactly what they envision! Such planning from a groom is GOALS, am I right ladies??
“I didn’t think I was going to feel like a bride and I did”.
This group of women are some of the most special bridesmaids I’ve met. They rarely needed to ask not only the bride, but myself what we needed throughout the day. They just knew and did it. They are so in sync with each other that it resembles more of a family than a friendship (with each and every single one of them). I felt such a part of the group, I can truly say that I have become friends with each and every one of these ladies.
Being able to photograph a Destination Wedding gave me a deeper look into everyone’s lives, and theirs into mine. Nick and I truly felt part of the group. We were always invited to their group dinners, and even basking in the sun poolside (and oceanside 😋) before and after the wedding day). We are truly blessed to have met such amazing and wonderful people.
The First Look is SERIOUSLY one of my favorite parts of a wedding day. There are so many positives that come out of it in terms of a wedding timeline, but bonus points because you get to see your future wifey/hubs not only sooner, but more in general on your wedding day. Because of a first look, we were able to grab Jeremy and Rachael's couple photos, ALL of their bridal party pictures, AND family formals.
We are then able to take time after the ceremony to finish anything that didn't get done because of time, OR you get to enjoy your own cocktail hour. THATS RIGHT! Why should you throw an hour long party if you can't even go to it?? Who doesn't want to enjoy those signature cocktails or the fried potato balls. In case you were wondering, the food was FIRE! 🔥Give me all the carbs.
As if I thought that Rachael and Jeremy were done surprising me... NOPE! These two had custom tables made for their wedding day to match the chairs. It was seriously such a beautiful set up, everything was so picturesque! It was a photographers DREAM!
What better way to end the night than with a Sparkler Send Off?!
Thank you both so very much for a once in a lifetime experience. Being able to call ourselves Destination Wedding Photographers and get to experience Punta Cana, Dominican Republic is SERIOUSLY a dream come true. Thank you for inviting us into your family and treating us as your own. Your wedding day was so incredibly beautiful, we will remember it-always.
Arriba, abajo, al centro... al movimientos sexuales!
● Photographer - Callie Rose Photography (Lake Geneva, WI)
● Venue, Hair/Makeup, Catering, Cake/Desserts - Hard Rock Hotel; Casino Punta Cana
● DJ/Entertainment Services - S Audio Visual
● Ceremony/Reception Rentals - Caribbean Celebrations
● Reception Decor - Etsy
○ Photo Guestbook, Acrylic Sign - RichDesignCo
○ Wedding Guest Book - LiuMy
○ Cake Topper - Rawkrft
● Florist - Mercaflor
● Wedding Dress - Justin Alexander, purchased from Eva’s Bridal
○ Crystal Bridal Earrings - RosyRoseStudio
○ White Lace Robe; Cami Set - LeRoseGifts
● Grooms Tux - Men’s Wearhouse
● Bridesmaids & groomsmen attire - Show Me Your Mumu; Men’s Wearhouse
○ Bridesmaids Robes - OurLoveStoryCoShop
● Rings - Jared
● Invitations - Shutterfly
● Programs, Menus, Table Cards, Door Hangers - Prints of Love, LLC
○ Door Hanger Templates (Etsy) - SmittenPaperProps
○ Program, Menu; Table Card Templates (Etsy) - SHOPJANDY
● Welcome Boxes - Lucky Clover Trading
○ Personalized Recovery Kit Bags (Etsy) - HelloLoveFavors
● Detail shot items (Etsy):
○ Sage Green Colored Ribbon - GreenHouseWaxSeals
○ Oyster Ring Dish - TwoDogsLife
○ Green Vow Books - WithinAndWithoutCo
○ Vintage Satin Hangers - VintageTampa
○ Velvet Ring Box - AllenGleur
○ Perfume - Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
○ Cologne - Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani